If you have changed your default font, boarders, page size, and you can’t remember how to undo those changes or if you just have a weird Word 2007 2010 2013 problem, you can easily reset your settings back to default by deleting a few files.
Before you begin, close Word.
- Delete NORMAL.DOTM and BUILDINGBLOCKS.DOTX
- Normal.DOTM and BuildingBlocks.DOTX usually reside in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
- The default NORMAL.DOTM files used for new profiles are stored C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
- These files are rebuilt automatically when word is started
- Use regedit to delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word\Data
- This key is rebuilt automatically when word is started
Click to enlarge these screen shots.
The first one shows you where how to determine where Word is looking for Normal.DOTM and the second screen shot shows you the key to delete.
Share This With Your Friends Now: