To be direct the answer is disable Samsung FAST START program.
Samsung’s own software overrides Windows 7 POWER OPTIONS settings and greys out several options, including:
- REQUIRE A PASSWORD ON WAKEUP
- POWER BUTTON AND LID
- LID CLOSE ACTIONS
- POWER BUTTON ACTIONS
- SLEEP BUTTON ACTION
FAST START is enabled by default and it claims to ‘enable’ the laptop to enter sleep mode whatever the power settings. In fact it forces sleep mode by hard setting all the power-off options except the standard ones on the Start menu. Disabling FAST START it released the options.
To disable FAST START, follow these simple steps
- click the START BUTTON
- type FAST into the search bar
- click FAST START when it appears
- click YES on the User Access Control window, if prompted
- click DISABLE on SAMSUNG FAST START
- Have a nice day