New CPU’s have between 4MB and 8MB of Cache Memory on them and that is all that Windows 95 required to run (and you did not even need a CD rom):
System requirements for installing Windows 95:
- 4 megabytes (MB) of memory (8 MB recommended)
- 386DX or higher processor (486 recommended)
- Typical hard disk space required to upgrade to Windows 95: 35-40 MB The actual requirement varies depending on the features you choose to install.
- Typical hard disk space required to install Windows 95 on a clean system: 50-55 MB The actual requirement varies depending on the features you choose to install.
- One 3.5-inch high-density floppy disk drive
- VGA or higher resolution (256-color SVGA recommended)
Install Option Disk Space Used After Setup
Compact 40.8 MB
Portable 43.9 MB
Typical 44.2 MB
Custom 76.2 MB