A BLOCKING MODE icon on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Notification screens toolbar has replaced the DRIVING MODE icon and so you may wonder what BLOCKING MODE is and what happened to DRIVING MODE.
- DRIVING MODE is still available on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean but it has been buried see urtech.ca/2012/08/solved-samsung-galaxy-s3-driving-mode-google-maps-notification-volumes/
- BLOCKING MODE turns out to be very well named as it basically stops the phone from giving you feedback (no ring tone, vibration…) for the people and time of day you set.
To configure BLOCKING MODE just:
- Swipe down from the top of you S3 (to bring up the Notification Screen)
- Click the Settings Cog icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Scroll down to BLOCKING MODE
- Click on the words BLOCKING MODE (not the slider to the right of the words)
- Set your S3 to block INCOMING CALLS, NOTIFICATIONS, ALARMS and / or LED along with the time of day and the people / contacts you want to apply this rule to