SOLVED: How To Merge Two Google Accounts

As of todays date, you can not merge two Google Accounts .  If you have two Google accounts for whatever reason (in my case I had YouTube and Android/Google Play Store accounts, which now are really just Google Accounts) the best thing to do, according to Google, is to pick a winner and kill the other one.

To see what is related to each account click https://accounts.google.com/DeleteAccount and sign in.  It will tell you what you are about to delete.  In my case, my ‘lesser’ account showed hooks into YouTube (and a few others) so I surfed over to www.YouTube.com, signed in with the ‘lesser’ account and confirmed that there was not a single video in place.

In case you think I am mistaken, take it from Google Directly:

It isn’t currently possible to merge separate Google Accounts. However, if you’d like transfer your data from one account to another, this may be done on a per product basis. Or, to start using a new product, you don’t have to create another Google Account. Just sign in with your existing Google Account, and visit this list of products to get started.

Data Move

You can move information from one account to another for the following products.

For any other product, transferring product information is currently unavailable.

Comments

1. Kingstuntz September 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm

This solved my problem, thanks for posting

2. Stephanie J September 25, 2017 at 11:27 pm

I’ve been trying to enable Adsense after having lots of trouble with getting two different accounts merged into one, and your post really helped me get things sorted. My blogger account has been changed, so now I’m only left with sorting out my YouTube account. Wish me luck!

3. Wesley Matt Webb November 22, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I have a learning disability and didn’t know this till I got new tablet. I don’t see why you can’t combine one game real racing 3 n one? That about only game I play. If one is on one tablet and other on another can I do that?

4. Marilynn August 9, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I got an up grade tablet and now I have 2 accounts that I have purchased books on both accounts. How can I merge the two or at least be able to read from each one?

Ian Matthews August 31, 2014 at 4:35 pm

It is a messy situation when you have two Google Accounts. For most people the best solution is to pick the one that contains the most data and walk away from the other one as Google does not have an official merge process (beyond what I documented above).

• ikomrad November 5, 2018 at 10:30 pm

Are there step by step instructions on how to transfer Youtube data from on Google account to another one? It says that you can but doesn’t explain how to do it.

Ian Matthews December 3, 2018 at 11:02 pm

I am sorry to say that to my knowledge that is not possible 🙁

5. John May 29, 2014 at 6:44 am

So ridiculous. I also have two play accounts, with purchased apps on both accounts. There is no way I am repurchasing any apps.

Google has dropped the ball on this one. Makes Apple’s store look so much more appealing. At least with Apple, I use the ID Cloud.

Pull your head out of your ass Google and stop screwing users around.