Google WILL let you customize the URL that is used to connect to your Plus.Google.com account. The instructions are below. However, you must meet certain requirements first:
- You have ten or more followers (people who have added you to their circles)
- Your account is at least 30 days old
- Your profile has a profile photo
- Your account is in good standing
How to set your Google+ Plus address:
- Open Google+.
- In the top left corner, click the drop-down menu > click Profile.
- Under your photo and profile summary, click About.
- Scroll to “Links” section > find the header “Google+ URL > click Get URL.
- You’ll see the custom URLs you can choose from. You may also need to add a few letters or numbers to make it unique to you.
- Next to “I agree to the Terms of Service,” click the box > in the bottom left corner, click Change URL.
- You may be asked to verify your account using your mobile phone number. If you’re asked to do this:
- Type your mobile phone number > in the lower left corner, click Send code.
- Check your phone for the code that was sent to you.
- Enter that code in the box on your screen, then in the lower left corner, click Verify.
- When you’re ready to permanently add your URL to your profile, click Confirm choice.