If you are using a Lexmark device and see “”A scan profile with the same name already exists on the specified MFP. Choose a different name or try again later.” from your PC then you have a mildly messy problem that even Lexmark Technical Support cannot help with.
To get right to the point, we do not know why this error occurs but after 2 hours of playing around I found two solutions:
Start the Lexmark ScanBack Utility (not whatever SCAN shortcut you created and is now failing), build a new profile and most importantly on the second last screen of the wizard, use a different profile name.
Complex but More Complete Solution:
- Launch REGEDIT and expand HKEY_USERS\S1-5-21-9404… (see the screen shot for the balance)\Software\Lexmark\ScanBack\Settings
- Delete ALL of the SHORTCUT<#> keys.
- Close the registry
- Power off/on the Lexmark printer
- Launch Lexmark ScanBack Utility and create a new profile
- for fun you can open the registry again and see that it created a new entry if you wish