If you see “Windows Could Not Complete The Installation Windows” the problem is likely that your Password Policy is set to something beyond what the account you used to SysPrep used. The fix for this is actually quite simple:
- On the “Windows Could Not Complete The Installation Windows” press SHIFT+F10, to bring up a Command window
- Type SECPOL.MSC and press ENTER, to bring up the Local Security Policy editor
- Expand ACCOUNT POLICIES > PASSWORD POLICY
- Set MINIMUM PASSWORD LENGTH to 0
- Set PASSWORD MUST MEET COMPLEXITY REQUIREMENTS to DISABLED
- Press ALT TAB to change the focus to the INSTALL WINDOWS error dialog box and press the ENTER key on the OK button
After the machine reboots, you should be fine.
I worked on this for several hours and found the following two blogs quite helpful in solving this problem.
If you are reading this post, then you might be interested in our very short and simple cookbook for creating and customizing Windows 10 images to SysPrep.