I recently had a situation in which a Mitel Wireless headset GN/Jabra 9330e, 9350e, 14151-02 that was connected to a Mitel 5330 handset stopped transferring audio. I could not hear anything from the speaker, not even dial tone. Similarly the mic produced no audio at the other end of the line.
Strangely though the headset buttons worked as expected. For example if I clicked the large silver button, the line would pick or drop.
- unpairing and pairing again
- pairing the headset to another Mitel 5330 with a wireless base
- turning up the volume to full
- unplugging the land line base and letting it sit for 20 seconds then plugging it back in
- I even read that pressing the SPEAKER button on the 5330 was required prior to pairing… but that did not work either
In the end the solution was to simply remove the battery from the Mitel cordless headset (see picture) then reinsert the battery and BINGO, I had dial tone and all buttons worked.
I added text descriptions on the Mitel cordless headset picture that provides details what each button does, in case you did not know already.