If you have Sophos Safeguard you likely have annoying popup messages saying things like:
- Sophos Safeguard: Communicating With Server
- Sophos Safeguard: No New Settings Available
- Sophos Safeguard: Synchronization with Sophos Safeguard server succeeded
These will occur several times a day and drive your staff insane.
Fortunately there is an easy way to disable Sophos Safeguard popup messages:
- Log into the Safeguard Management Center
- Select POLICIES from the left menu
- Expand POLICY ITEMS and select DEFAULT – MACHINE SPECIFIC SETTINGS
- Scroll down to the DISPLAY OPTIONS section
- Click the drop down beside ENABLE AND SHOW THE SYSTEM TRAY ICON
- Select SILENT
- Click SAVE (floppy disk icon in the top left corner of the screen)
- Click OK to the popup showing which groups the policy applies to
Now you just have to wait for the policy to sync to your client PC’s. That should be the last time you see SOPHOS SAFEGUARD: COMMUNICATING WITH SERVER, NO NEW SETTINGS.