If you have installed the Dell HIT Kit for EqualLogic product but cannot get the EqualLogic Host Connection Management Service to start, you likely need to install the Windows Server MPIO feature. You may also see EHCM Service Is Not Running in the Dell EqualLogic MPIO tab of the iSCSI Initiator.
The solution is to:
- Launch SERVER MANAGER
- Click your LOCAL SERVER (on the left)
- Click MANAGE > ADD ROLES AND FEATURES (top right)
- Click NEXT through the wizard until you get to FEATURES
- Select MULTIPATH I/O
- Click NEXT through the rest of the wizard
- Now the ‘EqualLogic Host Connection Management’ Service should start
If you then see:
Windows Feature Installation The Referenced Assembly Could Not Be Found. Error: 0x80073701
See our solution for that problem HERE.