If you have a Hyper V Server 2016 host, you are likely trying to ACTION > INSERT INTEGRATION SERVICES SETUP DISK like you used to. HyperV Integration Services from Server 2016 hosts are now included in Windows Update.
Here are some quick points about Server 2016 Hyper V Integration Services you might be interested in:
- I have found that the upgrade often does not appear in Windows Update so I download the latest Server 2016 Integration Services ISO directly from Microsoft HERE.
- As of March 2018, the latest Hyper-V Integration Services build numbers on Server 2016 Hosts are:
- 6.3.9600.18692 Server 2012R2 Guest VM
- 6.2.9200.21885 Server 2012 Guest VM
- 6.1.7601.17514 Server 2008R2 GuestVM
- 6.0.6002.22233 Server 2008 Guest VM
- A complete list of HyperV Integration Services build numbers and KB’s is available from TechNet HERE.