The video below shows the Samsung Dex Pad (part EE-M5100) unboxing setup and troubleshooting. The Samsung Dex Pad is a dock for a Samsung S8 or S9 that effectively turns the cell phone into a full Chromebook by adding a monitor keyboard and mouse.
There are four issues to be aware of:
- The Dex Station is the older (and less capable) dock built for the S8. It is NOT the same as the Dex Pad.
- You have to use a monitor with HDMI which may be an issue because:
- many monitors are now DisplayPort
- you cannot readily convert HDMI to DisplayPort
- You MUST go through the wizard that appears on the screen
- if you don’t the mouse will move but you can not click on anything and the keyboard will have no impact
- Make sure you buy the one with your countries power pack.
- As you will see in the video, we sourced a UK model, which works fine other than the power adapter was useless to us
This video is part of a series we have including:
- VIDEO: Does the Samsung DeX Pad Really Turn Your Cell into Desktop PC That Can Use Word Excel PowerPoint & Outlook?
- VIDEO: How To Use Full Screen Remote Desktop With A Samsung Dex Pad
- VIDEO: Unboxing, Setup and Troubleshooting Samsung Dex Pad Dock
- VIDEO: Samsung S9 Convertible Folding Wireless Fast Charge Charger Unboxing & Setup
- Samsung S9 Unboxing, Initial Configuration and Data Migration From Old Phone
- More coming soon including DexPad at Work – How Good Is It Really?