Now that Google has Auto Ads, you no longer need to struggle to get advertisements onto your phpBB bulletin board.
To Add Google Adverts To Your phpBB:
- Login to your Google AdSense account and expand CONTENT > AUTO ADS > SETUP AUTO ADS (blue text link in top right corner), the copy the code snippet
- if you don’t have Auto Ads setup, set it up!
- Using your favorite FTP tool (we like FileZilla) download and open FORUM > STYLES > PROSILVER > TEMPLATE > OVERALL _FOOTER.HTML
- Open that file with a plain text editor like Notepad or NotePad++
- Paste in the code snippet from step 1 immediately after the first <DIV> section as shown in the screen shot to the right
- Go into your pbpBB forum to the Administrators Control Panel (ACP) and click the PURGE THE CACHE button (from the in the middle of the page on the GENERAL tab)
- Test it but launching your forum!
Google Autoads figures out where to place your ads so they will show up all over your phpBB site but not be overwhelming. They are also placed differently for each person so the placements you see are not the placements everyone else sees. Auto Ads are dynamic placement and dynamic content. See our short article on Google Auto Ads for more details.