Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online and PowerPoint online have had continuous massive improvements since they were introduced a few year ago. Today they are nearing parody with their full version desktop equivalents. Notably, Microsoft announced that all new features for the desktop versions will also be available for the web versions. So what is new, in particular:
- You can now copy and paste content, including pictures, from web pages or your desktop right into the web apps
- @mentions and @ToDo will work in the web versions
- The tab and ribbon system of the online builds has been slimlined to use less space and be less cluttered. This change will be coming to the desktop versions in October 2018
- RECENT DOCUMENTS now appear on all platforms including the Online versions and will pick up where you left off
- In previous versions of Excel Online could view pivot tables can create new pivot tables online.