There are many programs that will run as both an administrator and as a restricted user. However, when some security programs like Active Directory Sites and Services and Group Policy Management Tool, are run as a standard restricted user they have very little functionality. As a result admins must right click on the relevant shortcut and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR to force an elevation. This is a pain.
- Find the program in your START menu
- Right click on the program and select OPEN FILE LOCATION
- Right click on the program and select SHORTCUT (tab), ADVANCED (button)
- Click the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR checkbox
- Click OK and OK – you may be prompted for Admin Credentials to make this change
From this point on when you click the program, Windows will provide a Administrator Credentials elevation box automatically.