In this video we explain how to set Office 365 Pro Plus (Office 2016, Office 2019) to run on a kiosk by using Office Shared Activation. We also also show how to verify it.
Shared Office Activation lets you to deploy Office 365 ProPlus to computers that are accessed by multiple users. Some examples of supported scenarios for using what Microsoft calls “shared computer activation” (and I call Kiosk Mode) are:
- More than one employee use Office on a single computer that’s located in a conference room or some other public space in the company.
- Fifteen nurses at a hospital use Office on nine different computers throughout the day.
- Three factory workers at a factory share a computer, each worker using Office on that computer during their eight-hour shift
- Five employees connect remotely to the same computer to run Office using RDP, Terminal Server or RDS.
The .REG file you need to enable Office Kiosk Mode is available for download HERE or you can build your own:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
If you have problems with Kiosk Mode / Shared Computer Activation look at:
- SOLVED: Scrub Office License, Credentials & Identity To Solve Sorry, Another account from your organization is already signed in on this computer
- Troubleshoot issues with shared computer activation for Office 365 ProPlus