If you are using Google Chrome, you may find that is takes 20+ seconds to load the first page and that is annoying. The problem is likely a proxy setting which you can, and almost certainly should, disable.
Click to expand these screen shots
- Launch Chrome and notice if you see DETECTING PROXY SETTINGS in the bottom left corner.
- Click the settings ellipsis (3 dots) in the top right corner of Chrome
- Click Advanced to expand it
- Click ‘Open Proxy Settings’
- On the Windows Settings Proxy screen click AUTOMATICALLY DETECT SETTINGS to off
- Restart Chrome and bingo all will be well