MyAnalytics was an Office 365 E5 feature intended to help staff make better use of their time by applying Artificial Intelligence to the data the Microsoft collects on users. That feature was added to those with E3 contracts in the summer of 2019. By September 2019 many users were receiving weekly emails like the sample on the right showing the results.
This feature definately has some value;
- MyAnalytics dashboard: You can see statistics on how you’ve spent your time over the past month, productivity insights about your work habits, helpful suggestions for improvement, and explore your network, top collaborators, and collaboration activities.
- Insights Outlook add-in: The Insights Outlook add-in presents you with cards that report on aspects of your recent work experience and let you respond in various ways.
- Email digests: You receive a weekly digest in email that gives you highlights about your previous week.
- Inline suggestions: Inline suggestions are notifications that appear in Microsoft Outlook that can help boost your productivity by displaying useful suggestions and tips around managing email and running meetings.
However, many find the weekly emails to be annoying and unnecessary. Fortunately, it is easy to disable the emails and other features of MyAnalytics if you don’t want them:
- Surf and signin to portal.office.com
- Click ADMIN
- Click SETTINGS
- Click SERVICES & ADD-INS
- Click MyAnalytics
- Disable INSIGHTS DASHBOARD, WEEKLY EMAIL INSIGHTS EMAIL and/or INSIGHTS OUTLOOK ADD-IN as you see fit: