If you have either of the following printer error messages in Windows 11 or Windows 10, we have a work around that may help.
Printers: Operation Could Not Be Completed Error 0x00000bc4
We Can’t Install This Printer Right Now #740
In both cases the problem appears to be with the print server so a work around is to simply skip the print server and connect directly to the printer.
There are two easy ways to do that:
- Right click on the START button and select SETTINGS
- Click DEVICES
- Click PRINTERS & SCANNERS
- Click ADD PRINTER OR SCANNER
- OPTION 1: If the printer you are looking for appears in this list, double click on it to install it and if that does not solve the problem continue to OPTION 2 below
- OPTION 2: Scroll to the bottom of the available printers list and select THE PRINTER THAT I WANT ISN’T LISTED
- Select ADD A PRINTER USING A TCP/IP ADDRESS OR HOSTNAME, and click NEXT
- Enter the IP address in the HOSTNAME OR IP ADDRESS field (i.e. 192.168.1.155 or whateva the IP of your printer is)
- Click NEXT and complete the ADD PRINTER Wizard