Windows 8, both RT and the full x86 / x64 versions, store their Apps in three places:
- This is a hidden folder so you will not see it unless you have HIDDEN FOLDERS enabled as you can see in the screen shot below
- To get into the folder you will need to change the OWNERSHIP of the folder to be you (or a group you are in, like ADMINISTRATORS)
- I assume if you have gone this far you know how to change the ownership of a file/folder so I will not write out the instructions but the screen shot below does provide 95% of the process
- C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Application Shortcuts
- Again, you will need to enable VIEW > HIDDEN FOLDERS but you will NOT need to take ownership of the folder
- This is where user settings are stored. See the screen shot below
Microsoft suggested I add windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/apps-games so you could see the apps that Microsoft is promoting.