SOLVED: VIDEO: Lenovo Laptop Will Not Power Up, Flashing Power Light Problem

If you have a Lenovo laptop with a flashing LED on the power switch but will not power up, we have the fix.  This short video shows a quick disassembly of a Lenovo Flex 3 1430.  You can then unplug the battery and solve the issue.

In theory, holding the power button down (5 seconds on a PC or laptop, OR 15 seconds on a tablet) will force the unit to power down.  However, that does not always work and so you need to pull the battery.

Comments

Humam Abusitta September 15, 2020 at 11:13 pm

Hi guys,

So i have a lenovo z710 and I just bought a new motherboard for it. I have disassembled it and reassemble it, with each component I added it still gave me the same issue (blinking power light) and it would not turn on. I hope you guys can help.

Ian Matthews September 18, 2020 at 9:00 am

Sorry Humam; At that point you may have a failed CPU or motherboard 🙁

Caroline Spencer Fox August 1, 2020 at 7:34 am

Using a small paperclip worked great! I am sooo glad I didn’t take my whole laptop apart!

Tim April 9, 2020 at 2:58 am

Hi VIrendra, I also have a T480 and the same symptom. Actually there is a easy fix, if you look carefully at the back of the laptop, there is a small hole which you can use a needle or iphone pin to push through, its a reset button in it. Hope it helps 🙂

woonzai May 18, 2020 at 3:36 am

Thanks Tim for taking time to share! That worked well for me.

VIrendra Sharma March 24, 2020 at 5:32 am

Hi George
    I have Lenevo T480 Laptop, with similar problem (Flashing LED Light at Power button and keypads keeps on blinking, but laptop unable doesn’t start). As in this model, Battery is externally attached, I can easily remove and put back. I did that, but my problem is still un-resolved. Any other reasons for this , which part should I check. Pls guide.

isengdoango January 24, 2020 at 11:37 pm

^^^ Right on George!!

George December 12, 2017 at 5:46 am

I only want to add a side note. Taking the batter out is always recommended when dissembling a Laptop. It doesn’t matter if it’s completely powered off or not. The battery should be taken out as a safety measure.