*** UPDATED Dec 19 2020 with Updated Tool ***

Our copies of the MCPR have expired and we can’t get new ones.  The MCRP is the CONSUMER version of the uninstaller and will not help with Enterprise McAfee products.  Sooo, there are three solutions to removing old McAfee corporate products:

1. Set the date back to September 2020 on the computer in question and then download and run our SEPT 2020 MEPR (more at the bottom of this page)
  2. Download the ESET AV Removal Tool directly from us HERE (64 bit Windows) or from ESET directly as they claim it will remove McAfee Enterprise
  3. Call McAfee and beg that the support tech takes mercy on you and gives you a copy of MEPR.

McAfee Product Removal Tool Uninstaller

If you have a McAfee product that is stuck on your computer, there is a tool that McAfee developed to solve the problem.   The McAfee Endpoint Product Removal tool will forcibly remove:

• McAfee Agent
  • McAfee Endpoint Intelligence Agent
  • McAfee File and Removable Media Protection
  • McAfee Management of Native Encryption
  • McAfee Drive Encryption
  • McAfee Application and Change Control
  • McAfee Data Exchange Layer

This McAfee uninstaller should not be confused with the much less powerful McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) Tool which only deals with consumer grade software.  Both of these tools were written by McAfee and not us.

If you think you have a McAfee that is partially uninstalled and the McAfee Endpoint Product Removal tool shows UNDETECTED, put a check mark beside it and the tool will try to:

1. Stop running McAfee Services
  2. Change file / folder and registry permissions back to default
  3. Delete McAfee related files, folder and registry entries

We have found this tool to be very helpful in dealing with McAfee products that were installed manually, through scripts and SCCM and through integrated products like Dell’s Endpoint Security bundle.

You can:

39 Comments

Kinky Devil (@MrKinkyDevil) · July 20, 2021 at 4:10 am

I have the latest copy of EPR July 2021 . I got it from McAfee after hours of support

Ian Matthews · July 21, 2021 at 7:41 pm

If you can send me a copy, we will post it 🙂

Moe · December 13, 2020 at 2:48 am

Great article, Unfortunately the Dec 2020 EPR tool is not the enterprise version can you please provide me with the Mcafee EPR tool not the MCPR version, that would be greatly appreciated

Ian Matthews · December 19, 2020 at 6:03 pm

Hi Moe; You are correct and after 90 minutes of goofing I cannot find a legit version sooo, I came up with three options to uninstall McAfee’s enterprise products. See the top of the page and thanks for pointing this out.

Frans · December 11, 2020 at 3:59 am

The Dec download is for the consumer not for endpoint can someone help me please i need this months tool.

Ian Matthews · December 19, 2020 at 6:04 pm

Markus · December 8, 2020 at 2:09 pm

Hi Ian,
Thank you very much for shainrg this tool. Unfortunately the December tool you provide is the Consumer Version MCPR and the September tool already expired. Our Grant Number expired in July as we switched to Sophos. Now I found a last McAffe Agent running on one server and as it was managed by EPO (which is already gone) I can not remove the agent without the tool. Any channce to get a current version of the EPR Tool?

Ian Matthews · December 19, 2020 at 6:04 pm

Hi Mark; You are correct and after 90 minutes of goofing I cannot find a legit version sooo, I came up with three options to uninstall McAfee’s enterprise products. See the top of the page and thanks for pointing this out.

John · December 3, 2020 at 4:51 pm

I’m so glad I found this site, thank you for sharing it’s been a lifesaver. Do you think you could update the tool to the latest one, the September on has stopped working now. Thanks in advance.

Ian Matthews · December 3, 2020 at 6:40 pm

Hi John;

I just found a new copy and uploaded it. The latest McAfee Removal Tool is available at the bottom of this page: https://www.urtech.ca/2019/04/sovled-mcafee-removal-tool-uninstaller/ 🙂

taven · December 5, 2020 at 11:27 pm

Dear Ian, The new tool is not working and its not even the one for enterprise solution. Could you please upload the new mcafeeendpontremovaltool.exe??

Ian Matthews · December 19, 2020 at 6:07 pm

Hi Taven; You are correct and after 90 minutes of goofing I cannot find a legit version sooo, I came up with three options to uninstall McAfee’s enterprise products. See the top of the page and thanks for pointing this out.

Joey · November 20, 2020 at 7:20 am

You are awesome, This should be provided by them, but they are money hungry as*****les. Thank you for making my life much eaiser.

hyyper · November 17, 2020 at 11:43 pm

Many thanks!!!

How to Remove AntiVirus Software That is Stuck – Up & Running Technologies, Tech How To's · December 21, 2020 at 12:56 pm

[…] have the MCPR and MEPR available for free download directly from us HERE but you could also Google the MCPR to download it directly from McAfee.  The MEPR is limited to […]