*** UPDATED Dec 19 2020 with Updated Tool ***
Our copies of the MCPR have expired and we can’t get new ones. The MCRP is the CONSUMER version of the uninstaller and will not help with Enterprise McAfee products. Sooo, there are three solutions to removing old McAfee corporate products:
- Set the date back to September 2020 on the computer in question and then download and run our SEPT 2020 MEPR (more at the bottom of this page)
- Download the ESET AV Removal Tool directly from us HERE (64 bit Windows) or from ESET directly as they claim it will remove McAfee Enterprise
- Call McAfee and beg that the support tech takes mercy on you and gives you a copy of MEPR.
If you have a McAfee product that is stuck on your computer, there is a tool that McAfee developed to solve the problem. The McAfee Endpoint Product Removal tool will forcibly remove:
- McAfee Agent
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention
- McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise
- McAfee Data Loss Prevention
- McAfee Active Response
- McAfee Endpoint Security
- McAfee DAT Reputation
- McAfee Client Proxy
- MVISION Endpoint
- McAfee Policy Auditor Agent
- McAfee Endpoint Intelligence Agent
- McAfee File and Removable Media Protection
- McAfee Management of Native Encryption
- McAfee Drive Encryption
- McAfee Application and Change Control
- McAfee Data Exchange Layer
This McAfee uninstaller should not be confused with the much less powerful McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) Tool which only deals with consumer grade software. Both of these tools were written by McAfee and not us.
If you think you have a McAfee that is partially uninstalled and the McAfee Endpoint Product Removal tool shows UNDETECTED, put a check mark beside it and the tool will try to:
- Stop running McAfee Services
- Change file / folder and registry permissions back to default
- Delete McAfee related files, folder and registry entries
We have found this tool to be very helpful in dealing with McAfee products that were installed manually, through scripts and SCCM and through integrated products like Dell’s Endpoint Security bundle.
- download the Dec 2020 McAfee CONSUMER Product Removal Tool directly from us HERE.
- download the Sept 2020 McAfee Endpoint Product Removal Tool directly from us HERE.
- download the March 2019 McAfee Endpoint Product Removal Tool directly from us HERE.